Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Chase "Cha Cha" Malone


I've known of Chase for a few years now, but it wasn't until recently when we actually met. 

For those of you who don't know, this is Chase "Cha Cha" Malone. He's a 26 year old music producer, singer-songwriter, dancer, and graphic artist who was born and raised in Seattle. He currently has a career in music production and has been for about 3 years now. Definitely a talented guy with a lot of passion for what he does.


A few weeks ago I asked Chase if he would be interested in helping me out with a project. I told him what my goal is for this photo project, which is to photograph talented/creative individuals and get to know them a little more. I want to sit down and ask artists why they're so passionate about what they do, and I want to capture who they really are in photos (with somewhat of a twist of my own ideas). Chase seemed to fit what I was looking for, so immediately he agreed to be the first to work with me.

Since this photo project is all still new to me, and I haven't gotten all of my ideas together yet, I still have lots of work to do and different things I plan on changing as the time goes on and the more people I shoot, so don't be too harsh! >_<

Well I hope you all enjoy the photo shoot I had with Chase!

For more info about him and a little Q&A I had with him, go read below towards the end of the post!





















After Chase and I confirmed a date on when to do this shoot, I immediately started thinking of ideas. This (above) was one of the main ideas I wanted to do. I asked Chase to bring a suit and a pair of sneakers, and the suit and shoes were exactly what I wanted. The photos came out exactly how I envisioned it!

___________________________________

Q&A:

When did you start breaking?
I started breaking in late 1998.

When did you start producing music?
I started making beats in 2000, and started producing full songs around 2005. 2009-2010 is when I started to build a career out of it.

Why is producing music your passion?
Producing music is my passion because music has been a big part of me since childhood. I've always wanted to create things throughout my life but never had the tools to make music until 2000. Once I started making beats, I couldn't stop. Never been addicted to anything as much as making music.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
In 10 years I hope to have reached reputable success in the entertainment industry and start my own record label+publishing company so I can produce and develop my own artists.


For more info about him, check out his website:

He's definitely a very talented guy, and if you haven't heard any of his beats/music he's produced, then I suggest you go check it out!
___________________________________

Instagram photos: